Morocco 2019 (2 trips)
Morocco 2019 (2 trips):
7th – 14th May
24th Sept – 1st Oct
A gateway to Africa; a country of dizzying diversity
Both 2019 trips to Morocco are nearly sold out already
7th – 14th May – 1 place available
24th Sept – 1st Oct – 1 place available
If you want to secure any of the last places please fill out the La Maison Anglaise contact form as soon as you can so that you register your interest – click here
Lonely Planet description:
Morocco is a gateway to Africa, and a country of dizzying diversity. Here you’ll find epic mountain ranges, ancient cities, sweeping deserts – and warm hospitality.
Morocco is a storied country, that has over the centuries woven its ties to sub-Saharan Africa, Europe and the wider Middle East into whole cloth. Its mixed Arab and Berber population forms a strong national identity, but an increasingly youthful one, taking the best of its traditions and weaving the pattern anew – from the countryside to the city, from the call to prayer from the mosque to the beat of local hip hop. Morocco has a hundred faces and sounds, all ready to welcome the traveller looking for spice and adventure.
Mountains & Desert
From Saharan dunes to the peaks of the High Atlas, Morocco could have been tailor-made for travellers. Lyrical landscapes carpet this slice of North Africa like the richly coloured and patterned rugs you’ll lust after in local cooperatives. The mountains – not just the famous High Atlas but also the Rif and suntanned ranges leading to Saharan oases – offer simple, breathtaking pleasures: night skies glistening in the thin air, and views over a fluffy cloudbank from the Tizi n’Test pass. On lower ground, there are rugged coastlines, waterfalls and caves in forested hills, and the mighty desert.
Run in partnership with: Holidays with Heart at La Maison Anglaise (Taroudant)
The area around Taroudant, our base, offers a diverse landscape. There are endless photography opportunities including Moroccan life, culture and landscape and all within easy reach in our comfy minibus. We will always be accompanied by a guide from La Maison Anglaise to facilitate getting us to the best opportunities for shots. Your tutor Graham will always be on hand for tips, tricks, 1:1 tuition and advice.
Getting to our base is easy
- Taroudant is is not frequented by many foreigners so you will see the “Real Morocco”; it is also very accessible from Agadir airport (50 minutes) or from Marrakech (3 hours on the new motorway)
- only 3.5 hours’ flight from the UK with a good choice of cheap flights
Our base in Taroudant
La Maison Anglaise guest house is located within the ancient walled market town of Taroudant in the fertile Souss Valley between two mountain ranges: the lofty High Atlas and the parched Anti-Atlas bordering the Sahara. Away from the principal tourist trails, it is an ideal place to enjoy an attractive, genuinely Moroccan environment and to soak up the local culture and the sun. Even in winter, the day time temperatures are 20-26˚ C falling to only 8-12˚ at night
- award-winning eco guest house located in the old town offering special interest holidays
- excellent locally-sourced fresh meat and fish and some of the best vegetarian food in Morocco (including vegan and other special diets)
- highly-qualified friendly staff and guides
- wide variety of authentic activities in town and countryside including free time to relax on the roof terrace in the sun or shade or wander into town and browse in the souks
- highlights include excursions to stunning mountain locations where few other visitors set foot
Lots to see in the area
A wide variety of contrasting environments are accessible from the town: mountains, valleys, urban, rural and coastal
Price per person:
Approx £660.00 pp – twin or double room (tbc for 2019)
Approx £730.00 pp – single room (tbc for 2019)
Our partner Holidays with Heart specialise in holidays off the beaten track using their own excellent guides and drivers. You’ll spend the first 5 nights (4 days) at the guest house in Taroudant and then continue on a 2 night (3 day tour) through a spectacular part of the High Atlas Mountains.
Price does not include:
- flights (probably Easyjet from Gatwick to Agadir)
- travel insurance including cancellation cover (usually covered by European Policies)
- tips which are very much part of the culture (including when you ask to photograph people!)
Group size is limited to a max of 8 persons so take the opportunity to secure your place as soon as you can
“We found it very relaxing to wander around under your guidance, taking in the history of Bristol and looking for suitable subjects, hidden corners and different angles to photograph.”
John, Photography Walkshop